Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WSOP and Videos

I am 0/3 in tournaments. Ironically I've busted all 3 tournaments with about 1/3 or 1/4 of the field left so no cashes. I realize how much variance there is in these things. When I busted, the chipleaders at my tables had sucked out at least a couple times for big pots in order to be in their position. Anyways in the 1500 event I was rolling along with a stack just about avg. and got into a really interesting spot against a good thinking probably 2+2er. It folds around to me and I raise in the cutoff with 67hh to 350 with a 150 Big blind (stacks affectively 500) and this player 3bets to 850. I begin thinking this would be a good spot for him to bluff given his position but what really triggered a read was his bet sizing. I thought if he was doing this with AK or AQ for value he would make it bigger, say 1100 at least just in case I call and the flop is low cards. For this reason I thought his range was polarized to AA, KK, QQ and air. So I 4bet to 2k and he tanked for like 3 min before folding telling me I'm either a genius or an idiot lol. Unfortunately later in the tournament I picked up QQ vs his AK and he binked. ...Sigh

So I have a couple vids coming out, the first being July 8th which is a 200HU vid (2pt series). I think it will turn out good as there were some interesting adjustments that I made to a player who played quite differently than the players I'm used to.  

I'm also pretty happy as how this month went pokerwise online. I'm at about 41k right now and will probably get 1 or 2 more sessions in before the month ends so hopefully I can stay above the 40k mark. I jumped back into 5/10 yesterday and had some good games but obv was getting hit and run on left and right. It's amazing how u can find better players at .5/1$ than 5/10 sometimes. Anyways I know it's been a while since Ive blogged so once again, I'll make an attempt to update more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment